Excavations at Sephoris
- 1931. L. Waterman of the University of Michigan carries out the first excavations of the site.
- 1975. Ts. Tsuk of Tel Aviv University carries out a survey of the water system. They would uncover the reservoir between 1993 and 1994.
- 1983-2003. James Strange of University of South Florida. Excavated the theatre and the agora.
- 1985-1989 - Eric Meyers (Duke University), C. Meyers, Ehud Netzer (Hebrew University) led a joint team excavation that uncovered large portions of the theatre, the Dionysus House.
- 1990-1995 - Z. Weiss and Ehud Netzer led a joint team. Z. Weiss would continue after 1995 and uncover the synagogue, Nile House.
- 1993-2000 - Eric Meyers and C. Meyers
Back to Stops »